Find something

Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Smart Phone Revolution......

  Does anyone remember the the first cell phones? I was sitting here thinking while messing around with my Samsung Galaxy SII, about where this phone's roots truly are. I really can not say it compares to or resembles anything I used or saw almost 20 years ago. I mean, does it have that much in common with the old "bag phone"? Or how about even before that, remember the first real phone was a huge device that was installed in your car, well at least the first affordable one to me. It does make phone calls but that's about it, back then there was no SMS or email on a phone, so where does it come from??
  I think today's smart phone should be seen more as a laptop or netbook that has been shrunk to fit in my pocket and with the added convenience of being able to place a phone call. I would not even call it a hybrid of one of the other. It is a small computer. The phone I have currently honestly has about that same hardware configuration or power if you like as a laptop I owned not 2 years ago.
  The future of the mobile phone to me is probably the biggest thing happening in technology today. Moore's law can easily be seen in this area. Where will it lead us ? I do not know but it is one thing I watch daily and that I am truly fascinated and excited by!

No comments:

Post a Comment