Find something

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Social Media the new Addiction??

  I have often thought of the impact of the social media "boom" and what it means to some in real life. I currently work in the mental health field at the moment and I work with a variety of different  mental health illnesses and issues affecting people.
  I know for a fact that there are people that have become so addicted to "social networking" that they have withdrawn from "real life." I searched around the web not to long ago and did some research on this subject, I was amazed at some of things and statistics I read. The article from Fox News I read probably was the one that really blew me away. Think about it, do you know anyone that suddenly has withdrawn? Have you ever met up with friends, just to sit there and watch everyone play on their phones?
  I think this will probably end up being a "Top 5 Mental Health Issue" before all is said and done, the violence in the world along with economic turmoil lends itself to this addiction as more and more people tend to stay at home due to fears or economic restraints. Read for yourself here at  http://socialmediagroup.com/2012/02/09/karly-im-addict/ , the confession of an addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment